Global5G.org addresses the ICT-07 call as the EU led project dedicated to international technology advances in 5G, with a focus on standardisation, regulations, & market verticals & identifying existing gaps in technology. Global5G.org analyses the sustainability strategies identifying new business models and considering also private & public investments through pragmatic engagement drivers, as well as reporting on research findings taken to standardisation, testing validation to market uptake with a close eye on the vertical markets and mapping them into the right stakeholder groups.
What are the principal assets of Global5G.org?
- Standardisation : a 5G Standardisation Tracker to measure progress on broad global and Industry consensus
- Market Watch: International hub on vertical industries, market forecasts, and business models supported by world-leading ICT analysts
- Vertical Industries and Rollout to Market: supporting 5G driven applications, business case, requirements and standards
- Trial and Test-bed Monitor : tracking pre-commercial/pre-standards trials as beneﬁcial to the Industry
Who is behind Global5G.org?
The Global5G.org consortium includes four domain-skilled & complementary partners:
- Trust-IT Services (UK) : Expert SME in communicating ICT innovation, engaging in ICT standards activities, developing ICT tools & go-to-market strategies
- Aalto university (FI) : A Finnish multidisciplinary university takes an active role in shaping the 5G research agenda;
- IDC (IT) : Premier global provider of market intelligence, consumer technology market research, with over 1,100 analysts across the world;
- inno TSD (FR) : Experts in innovation management & technology transfer, international cooperation & EU & US focus on 5G key to involving multiple stakeholder groups.
- An influential External Advisory Group (EAG) , passionate and competent around 5G technology and directly involved in SDOs, Telecommunications industry and international organisations supports the consortium.